The Massachusetts Health Council is...
• The largest and the oldest health council in the country working to create healthier individuals and communities by concentrating on the pressing health care issues of access to care, quality, cost, and prevention.
• A non-profit, non-partisan statewide organization of more than 150 governmental and voluntary agencies, consumer and advocacy groups, professional societies, and private corporations committed to improving and protecting the health of the citizens of the Commonwealth.
• A forum where health care leaders — often from opposite sides of health policy issues — come together to make a difference in improving health.
• An organization playing a very active and successful role in shaping the development of policy on numerous health issues over the past decades.
• The author and publisher of a nationally recognized report, "Common Health for the Commonwealth: Report on Preventable Conditions and Social Determinants of Health."