Membership dues, sponsorship and donations enable the Council to forward public health dialogue through conferences, meetings, research and reporting, as well as outreach leading to improved overall health for Massachusetts residents.
Prevention and wellness, access to care, reducing costs and eliminating disparities are our priorities.
Regular member-only meetings where critical discussions and ideas are exchanged with healthcare leaders from across the Commonwealth including:
- David Seltz, Executive Director | Massachusetts Health Policy Commission
- Ray Campbell, Executive Director | Center for Health Information and Analysis
- Steve Koczela, President of The MassINC Polling Group
- Paul L. Jeffrey, PharmD Director of Pharmacy, MassHealth/Office of Clinical Affairs
- Dan Tsai, Assistant Secretary for MassHealth and Medicaid Director for the Commonwealth
- Jonathan Mundy, Director of the Office of Presecription Monitoring and Drug Control
- Rachel Kaprielian, (former) HHS Region 1 Administrator
- Jeffrey Sanchez, House Chair, Joint Committee on Health Care Financing
- Dolores Mitchell, Executive Director, Group Insurance Commission
- Senator Jason Lewis, Chair, Joint Committee on Public Health
- Senator Stan Rosenberg, Senate President
- Laurance Stuntz, Director, Massachusetts eHealth Institute
- Tami Gouveia, Executive Director, Tobacco Free Massachusetts
- David Sencabaugh, Executive Director, MA Board of Registration in Pharmacy
- Patricia Weltin, CEO/Founder Rare Disease United
- Senator John Keenan
- Wendy Landman, WalkBoston
- Kathryn Powers, Regional Administrator, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
- Christie Hagar, Regional Director, US Health and Human Services
- Secretary John Polanowicz, Health and Human Services
- DPH Commissioner Monica Bharel, MD, MPH
- Shari Davis RN, MPH Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS)
Reports, legislative alerts and updates keep members and officials informed.
Report for the Governor’s Opioid Addiction Working Group:
"Local Approaches to the Opioid Overdose Epidemic: How Massachusetts Communities are Responding Today"
This substance use disorder report outlines the community mobilization landscape; makes timely and specific recommendations for policy makers and health officials; identifies successes, challenges and lessons learned; and finally provides advice for communities around programs and activities that are working.
2014 Health Status Indicator Report
8th Edition of "Common Health for the Commonwealth” provides essential information on MA preventable determinants of health
In the News is a regular electronic update on timely public health information
High-quality educational forums on timely, critical issues in health care affording hundreds and hundreds of providers, advocates, government officials and knowledge leaders the opportunity to share ideas, network and learn from participants
Our Workplace and the Opioid Epidemic
Return on Investment for Prevention and Wellness
Integration of Behavioral and Medical Health
Storefront Healthcare: Exploring a New Delivery Model
7th Annual Pharmacy Public Health Policy Program
5th Women’s Health Forum: "Getting Healthy, staying Healthy Knowledge is Everything
Community-based action initiatives have the effect of bringing important health information directly to consumers including:
- Barbershop/ Beauty Parlor Health Information Project
- State House Health Fair for Legislators, Staff and State House Employees
- The Council’s strong relationships with legislators and government officials is a testament to the work we have done for 95 years. MHC serves in an advisory capacity to the Legislature’s:
Prevention for Health Caucus
Prevention and Wellness Trust Advisory Board
We want to hear from you…
Have ideas for networking opportunities, meeting topics, and critical discussions that MHC should address?
Please let us know.