What's Happening at MHC
Projects You Should Know About
- Youth Health Literacy Initiative, a program for developing informed, engaged younger health care consumers.
- Multicultural Health Information Dissemination, a project to get prevention and wellness information out into communities.
- April 2014 conference on Issues in Behavioral Health, including the integration of behavioral and medical health care.
What does my contribution to MA Health Council achieve?
Since 1920, the Massachusetts Health Council has been a leader in promulgating initiatives that
improve the health status of the residents of Massachusetts. Just a snapshot ... to see more, view our History page:
- Successful fight for Smoke Free Workplaces
- Medication awareness outreach programs
- Member of coalition that fought for and saw passage of health care reform in Massachusetts
- 6 editions of "Common Health for the Commonwealth: Massachusetts Trends in the Preventable Determinants of Health"
- Widespread promotion of workplace wellness
- Fight for better school nutrition- passage of school nutrition bill July 2010
- Advocating and promoting a prevention and wellness agenda for schools, workplaces, communities and government agencies
- Advocating for support and expansion of health education in schools
- Establishment of Prevention Caucus for Massachusetts State Legislature March 2011
We're winning many public health battles… help us continue!
Report from Dept. of Public Health
Decade of Mortality
National Prevention Strategy
MA Health Council Members were invited to
participate in the webcast unveiling the National Prevention Strategy. For information about the National Prevention Strategy...
Legislation You Should Watch
Health Bill Tracking (as of July 1, 2012)
State Budget Tracking (from FY05-FY13)
See where we've been and where we're heading
National Health Care Reform
Let's Focus on Obesity
The MHC has been tracking the rising trend in obesity since 1999 ...